About Dr. Pakhi Chaudhuri
Dr. Pakhi Chaudhuri was born and raised in Kansas City, MO. She comes from a long line of healing professionals. In India, her great grandfather was a physician and her grandfather was a homeopathic physician. Her mother is an Ob/Gyn and her father is an Internist that also practices acupuncture.
Pakhi Chaudhuri, MD, FAAP
1995 M.D., Brown University School of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School and Brown University School of Medicine Combined Program
2000 University of Washington, Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
2000 Board Certified, American Academy of Pediatrics.
2007 Medical Acupuncture for Physicians Certification, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Helms Medical Institute, Los Angeles, CA
David S. Greer Prize. Awarded to the graduating medical student who best exemplifies the view of medicine as a socially responsible human service profession.
Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation. Awarded by the American Medical Women’s Association to women ranked as outstanding graduates.
Private practice with Pediatric Associates in Seattle, WA.
Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Member of the Medical Issues Committee, Pediatric
Associates, Seattle, WA.
Jan 2009- present Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
Jan 2000 – July 2006 Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Volunteer work with children and youth:
- Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa’s organization) Calcutta, India. Worked with orphans and children living in the slums of Calcutta.
- Hope Center, Salvation Army Home for Abused Children. St. Louis, MO. Worked with children who were taken from their homes because of abuse and neglect.
- Schools and juvenile detention centers in St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, and Seattle, WA. Taught health education and/or tutored children or teenagers in these settings.
- 45th Street Clinic. Seattle, WA. Physician volunteer with homeless youth.
- Facilitator for a Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Program in Colorado (This is when she fell in love with Colorado!). Denver, CO.
- Former Member of a Child Protection Team, Division of Families and Children. Seattle, WA.
- Former Member of “Its About Kids” Steering Committee, Durango, CO.
- Former Board Member of Boys and Girls Club of La Plata County
- Former Board Member of The La Plata Family Centers Coalition
- Worked on an organic farm. Bainbridge Island, WA.
- Member of Physician’s for Social Responsibility. Speaker,“In Harm’s Way: Toxic Threats to Child Brain Development”.
- Former Board Member of the Southwest Colorado Renewable Energy Society.