About Dr. Pakhi Chaudhuri
Dr. Pakhi Chaudhuri was born and raised in Kansas City, MO. She comes from a long line of healing professionals. In India, her great grandfather was a physician and her grandfather was a homeopathic physician. Her mother is an Ob/Gyn and her father is an Internist that also practices acupuncture.
- 1995 M.D., Brown University School of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School and Brown University School of Medicine Combined Program
- 2000 University of Washington, Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
- 2000 Board Certified, American Academy of Pediatrics.
- 2007 Medical Acupuncture for Physicians Certification, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Helms Medical Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- David S. Greer Prize. Awarded to the graduating medical student who best exemplifies the view of medicine as a socially responsible human service profession.
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation. Awarded by the American Medical Women’s Association to women ranked as outstanding graduates.
- Private practice with Pediatric Associates in Seattle, WA.
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- Member of the Medical Issues Committee, Pediatric
Associates, Seattle, WA.
- Jan 2009- present Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Jan 2000 – July 2006 Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Volunteer work with children and youth:
- Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa’s organization)
Calcutta, India. Worked with orphans and children living
in the slums of Calcutta.
- Hope Center, Salvation Army Home for Abused Children.
St. Louis, MO. Worked with children who were taken from
their homes because of abuse and neglect.
- Schools and juvenile detention centers in St. Louis, MO,
Kansas City, MO, and Seattle, WA. Taught health
education and/or tutored children or teenagers in these
- 45th Street Clinic. Seattle, WA. Physician volunteer with
- Facilitator for a Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Program
in Colorado (This is when she fell in love with Colorado!).
- Former Member of a Child Protection Team, Division of Families
and Children. Seattle, WA.
- Former Member of “Its About Kids” Steering Committee,
- Former Board Member of Boys and Girls Club of La Plata County
- Former Board Member of The La Plata Family Centers Coalition
- Worked on an organic farm. Bainbridge Island, WA.
- Member of Physician’s for Social Responsibility. Speaker,“In Harm’s Way: Toxic Threats to Child Brain Development”.
- Former Board Member of the Southwest Colorado Renewable Energy Society.