Super Brain Yoga
Dr. Pakhi Chaudhuri heard about the many benefits of Super Brain Yoga and shared this quick brain exercise with the staff. After discussing some of the reported outcomes our team decided to practice this simple routine every day before we start clinic. We have been doing this each day for over an year and really feel that it sets the pace for the day. Everyone notices how “off”or “out of sync” we are if we are unable to Super Brain together.
How to Practice Super Brain Yoga: Step-by-Step Instructions
Ideally, this exercise should be done in the morning. Face the sunrise/east (Seniors face north). This form of yoga should be done in the morning, so that your concentration and stress relief will apply throughout the whole day. Follow these seven steps:
1. Remove all jewelry and stand up straight.
2. Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth right behind your teeth (as if you were about to say “La”). Leave it there throughout the exercise.
3. Take your left hand and cross your upper body to hold of your right earlobe with thumb and forefinger. Make sure that the thumb is in front.
4. Now take your right hand across your upper body to hold of your left earlobe. Again, make sure that the thumb is in front. At this point you’re pressing both earlobes simultaneously. Make sure your left arm is close to your chest and inside your right arm.
5. Inhale through your nose and slowly squat down to the ground.
6. Hold your breath and do not exhale until you start making your way back up to a standing position. You will exhale through your mouth.
7. Repeat this squatting action between 14 and 21 times. Remember to keep holding your earlobes and to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth throughout the entire exercise.
You may not notice a change immediately, but after a few weeks an improvement in concentration should become apparent. It may look goofy at first, but once you realize the benefits of Super Brain Yoga, you will be recommending it to friends and family.